When forming a corporation, you may have many options available.
Click To Learn More
Property Research and Evaluations Lawyers in Orlando, Florida
When purchasing property for an investment, you’ll want to know what the property is worth, understand trends, and mitigate risk by having as much information as possible. Property research and evaluations can help you understand market trends, land use, market data, school zones, and other points of interest that can increase or decrease the value of your investment. If you are planning to make a commercial property investment, purchase a building, or purchase land, being informed is important. Property research and evaluations can also include a thorough title search, which is often performed by either a title company or an attorney. Legal Counsel, P.A. employs a property research and evaluations lawyer in Orlando, Florida who may be able to assist you as you navigate your real estate transaction. Our lawyer can research the property you may want to buy to give you a sense of comparable sales and projected value and can also perform a title search to flag any potential issues with the title or chain of ownership. Have questions? We have answers. Contact Legal Counsel, P.A. today at 407-982-4321.
Property Research Reports: Verifying a Clean Title
Before purchasing real estate, it is important to ensure that the title is clean and that there are no issues. Typically, a title company or your property research lawyer will take a close look at the documents related to the title. This is also called a title search. Thorough research through local records will check to see if there are:
- Issues with the seller’s ability to sell the property (does the seller own the property?)
- Are there any restrictions on land use that could impact your ability to use the property for the intended purchase price?
- Are there any liens on the property, like mortgages, or other litigation that needs to be satisfied before a clean title can be conveyed?
- Are there heirs that could claim ownership of the property?
- Are there unpaid property taxes that could impact the value of the property?
- Is there pending litigation that could impact the value of the real estate?
- Are there errors with the title that could cause problems later?
- Are there any other identifiable issues or fraud?
- Does any other title problem arise that can impact the value of your property and the value of the transaction?
- Are there any open permits?
- Are there any code issues or liens?
Property research reports such as title reports and lien reports reveal defects, issues or errors with the property. Before you purchase the property it is important that you understand the nature of the issues, defects, or errors contained in the property research reports and how the effect the property so you can make an educated decision to pursue the purchase of the property or cancel the contract. Legal Counsel, P.A. employs a property research lawyer who utilizes third party vendors to perform title, lien, and permit searches of Florida properties and will look closely at the property research reports to see if there are any red flags or issues and thoroughly explain them to you.
When purchasing property, you want clear title and a title search that is performed exhaustively. This includes a thorough investigation into liens, back taxes, and judgements associated with the property, and concise documentation that shows a chain of title to the property that ensures that the seller is truly the seller of the property. Legal Counsel, P.A. employs a property research report lawyer in Orlando, Florida who may be able to assist you with this process. When purchasing real estate, our lawyer can take care of the legal details so you can finalize your transaction with peace of mind and confidence. Have questions? We have answers. Contact Legal Counsel, P.A. today at 407-982-4321.
What Goes into a Property Research Report and Evaluation?
Some key information that you’ll find in property research reports include:
- Details about the property, like address, size of the lot, and details about any developments.
- Sales history of the property.
- Evaluation of comparable sales. Here it is important to consider the comparable sales being used. Are they comparable to the property in question? Sometimes there isn’t enough data available and the comparable sales may be some distance away or may not be similar enough to properly evaluate the property. A sound property research report should disclose this information.
- Estimated value of the property.
- Estimated rental value of the property.
- Information about the area where the property is located, such as amenities, school zones, and other information which may impact the value of the property.
- Title search of the property.
- Research into current property owners and companies that may hold the property.
Whatever your needs, a property research report and evaluation can be an important decision-making tool. Legal Counsel, P.A. employs a real estate lawyer in Orlando, Florida who can assist you with the complex legal aspects of your real estate sale or transaction. Have questions? We have answers. Contact Legal Counsel, P.A. today at 407-982-4321.
Get Help with Your Real Estate Transaction Today
When it comes to buying and selling real estate, it is important to understand your rights and options and to understand the value of the property you are purchasing. It is important to check that the title is clean. Legal Counsel, P.A. employs a real estate lawyer in Orlando, Florida who can assist you with many aspects of the real estate sale and purchase process, whether you are buying a first home or making a major real estate investment. Have questions? We have answers. Contact Legal Counsel, P.A. today at 407-982-4321.